COVID-19 Update – Contractor Field Operations
In light of the Centers for Disease Control’s (CDC’s) recent COVID-19 update, Buckeye is modifying certain COVID-19 protocols in our workplace.
Our primary objective is to ensure the safety and well-being of our employees, contractors, third-party drivers, and visitors. Buckeye will continue to operate safely and thoughtfully, following advice from the CDC, local health departments, and other relevant governmental authorities.
Contractors are expected to follow their company’s COVID-19 requirements. If more stringent requirements are identified locally, those site-specific considerations should be implemented.
The pre-work screening forms will no longer be required. However, it remains critical that contractors do not report to a Buckeye facility while they are sick.
Do not report to a Buckeye facility if you are experiencing one or more of the following symptoms:
- Fever of 100.4 F (38 C) or higher
- Shortness of breath
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Body aches and/or prolonged headaches
Anyone experiencing symptoms of illness should notify their company representative and not report to a Buckeye work site.
Face Masks / Coverings
In accordance with CDC recommendations Buckeye has modified our preventative measures as follows:
Fully Vaccinated* contractors do not need to wear a face mask; however, masks will continue to be available by contracting company for contractors to utilize should they choose.
Unvaccinated contractors will continue to wear a mask when social distancing cannot be maintained, including in common areas.
Buckeye will not be monitoring the contractor’s vaccine status; however, everyone is expected to adhere to CDC guidelines to protect their own health and the health of others.
Signs specifying these guidelines will remain up as a reminder for unvaccinated individuals.
*CDC advises an individual has been fully vaccinated:
- Two weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series (Moderna or Pfizer)
- Two weeks after your single-dose vaccine (Johnson & Johnson)
Ongoing COVID-19 Protocols
Certain COVID-19 prevention measures will remain in place for the time being:
- Daily health self-check of any COVID-19 symptoms
- Contractors are encouraged to maintain social distancing when possible
- Frequent hand washing and workplace cleaning and sanitization is recommended
- Enhanced cleaning will be provided as needed based on local case levels
- PPE will be provided for all contractors by contracting company in accordance with Buckeye local requirements
We know that these times have been challenging and that getting everyone back to work will require everyone’s effort. Buckeye is committed to providing updates, and we encourage you to reach out to your Project Manager at any time if you have any questions or suggestions.
Links to Key Resources
CDC Covid-19 Resources https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus